Below are some quick facts that you need to know about water tanks for potable water:
- Any size of tank can be used for the storage of potable or drinking water but the sanitary condition of the tanks is what is more important.
- Water tanks for drinking or potable water can be installed to collect drinking water sources like boreholes, dams, rainwater, rivers, creeks, and irrigation channels.
- Potable water tanks can be installed above ground or could be installed underground.
- For best results in helping to provide the right quality of water, potable water tanks are most often installed with filters, fine-mesh screens, and other materials to prevent contamination.
- Potable water tanks can be cleaned easily by owners if they follow the recommended standard cleaning procedure. You can still engage the services of professional water tank cleaners to help you out.
For more information read: Is Drinking Rainwater From Your Water Tank Safe?